Lenovo Y40 BIOS update problem

shado713

Estimable
Feb 27, 2015
I just downloaded and installed a BIOS update for my Lenovo Y40-70 laptop from Lenovo's website. Everything seemed to be working well with the update until after it finished. Now its constantly turning on and off with nothing on the screen. Not even the Lenovo logo. The update told me not to turn it off via the power button or unplug the AC adapter which I haven't. What should I do?

shado713

Estimable
Feb 27, 2015

Yes it was the correct BIOS update which I downloaded from Lenovo's support website:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-y-series-laptops/y40-70-notebook-lenovo/downloads/DS100938

I just downloaded the installation file and it told me that it was getting ready to flash the BIOS and would need to restart my computer. Told me what version I have and what it was updating to. It restarted and started installing and told me the version it was updating to and that I shouldn't unplug the AC or turn off my PC. The update went to a 100% with no error messages and then turned off. After that it turned back on for a few seconds, no display, black screen and then turned off. Its been turning off and on like this ever since it finished and isn't booting up. Also the BIOS update was from InsydeFlash.