Lenovo Y410p Owners

Bingo123

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
I'm planning to buy the Y410p model but I read on several sites that it has a Wi-Fi issue and some touchpad problems.

Did anyone had these issues ?

mc962

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
I never had much in the way of wifi or touchpad issues. Although just in case I followed the advice of the linked thread and disabled some stuff (which I wasnt using anyway) and fiddled with some settings.

From what I remember from the thread (it's been a few months) the intel proset software driver software was a big buggy (which I never used anyway). I think the bluetooth might have given some people issues, but since I never used it I disabled it anyway. Finally there were a few pointless keypad settings that I changed/disabled because I didnt need them and they sometimes got in the way.

But I havent really had any issues with this computer aside from the standard bloatware on arrival. My biggest complaint is probably the lack of a mute button.

allfiredup

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011
I don't have a Y410p, but my best friend bought one last month based on my recommendation. Most of the models available on the Lenovo site have the Intel 2230 wireless card, but the one priced at $799 has the newer and more powerful Intel 7260-N wireless card. It also has a 24GB SSD in addition to the standard 1TB 5400rpm hard drive.

Here's a link- http://shop.lenovo.com/lenovofamily/us/en/laptops/ideapad/y-series/y410p/