Lenovo Y50-70 wont charge

May 15, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I have an older Lenovo Y50-70 that wont charge. This happened about a year ago 1 week before I was deployed. So I didnt have much time to troubleshoot. Since coming home I have picked up the issue again and I have narrowed down the problem to a power cable inside the laptop. It is the exact same burn marks as this closed thread: http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3394618/laptop-charge-turn-lenovo-y50.html

This is his picture not mine: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1xyWWIkT7JXVzhqVGtNaFU5dEdnYjBkTy0zYUFoemtYRU1Z/view

But the issue is the same. The problem is that I dont know what to order to replace such a cable or even how to do it.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks.

That looks like the connection that bridges the battery to the main board. These cables usually aren't modular, meaning you'd probably have to replace the entire battery (assuming I'm correct in what I'm seeing/inferring from the picture).

Worst case scenario is the board suffered - or inflicted - the damage and also needs to be repaired or replaced.

ebm9000

Estimable
Jan 22, 2015
Understanding that the image is identical to your problem, it shouldn't be burnt to a crisp like that. Most of the time the entire board would have to be replaced, in all honesty.

That looks like the connection that bridges the battery to the main board. These cables usually aren't modular, meaning you'd probably have to replace the entire battery (assuming I'm correct in what I'm seeing/inferring from the picture).

Worst case scenario is the board suffered - or inflicted - the damage and also needs to be repaired or replaced.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Beginnerslug Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 0
Epic Creeper Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 0
D Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 0
alierenzengin19 Laptop Tech Support 0
F1yingSquid Laptop Tech Support 1
F1yingSquid Laptop Tech Support 10
TadeleD Laptop Tech Support 1
Pranav_789 Laptop Tech Support 0