Lenovo y50 pitch black screen

jeffshimada

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018
First of all, I am sorry for posting the same topic that many people have already posted before me. I have read most, if not all of the other posts and have followed through the suggested solutions but they did not work for me.
To add some back ground story, I believe it has been about a year and a half when my laptop's screen would go completely black without battery charger plugged in. Since I was always around the electric outlet, I would always use the laptop while plugged in so having a black screened laptop without plugging in was no concern of mine at the time. Now, just yesterday, I remember going to sleep setting the laptop to sleep mode and shutting the lid down. When the morning came, I turned on my laptop but the screen was completely black; just like when laptop wasn't plugged into an electric outlet.
Currently, the laptop functions well except for the fact that the screen is pitch black; I connected the laptop to my tv via hdm1 and thats how I am writing this post...
My question is, if I were to replace the screen, will this be fixed?

Solution

Hi, maybe or maybe not, first disconnect the adapter and the battery, hold the power button for a minute, connect the adapter and start the laptop. If you have the same problem, before buying a new screen, reinstall the screen connector at both ends, on the motherboard and on the screen. If the problem is still the same, maybe a new screen will solve the problem, but the motherboard could also be the problem. Only the reading of the voltages on the motherboard could reveal where the problem comes from.

Hi, maybe or maybe not, first disconnect the adapter and the battery, hold the power button for a minute, connect the adapter and start the laptop. If you have the same problem, before buying a new screen, reinstall the screen connector at both ends, on the motherboard and on the screen. If the problem is still the same, maybe a new screen will solve the problem, but the motherboard could also be the problem. Only the reading of the voltages on the motherboard could reveal where the problem comes from.

Solution