Lenovo Y50 problem

Hellblazer33

Estimable
Jun 11, 2015
Guys i am in a big problem yesterday afternoon when i shut down the pc it showed some error and blue screen came i turned it off now in evening when i started the system automatic recovery came up and the pc was unable to boot.I tried refreshing and system restore but it didnt work to boot the system.Initially my laptop came with hdd partition for C was 889 gb and for D for 25 gb and windows and all the stuff were in c drive , i know it was mistake to keep all games and stuff c but i didnt used to bother laptop was working fine.But now when laptop didnt booted and automatic recovery was opening everytime.I didnt use one key recovery cause it will delete all me 700 gigs of games So Today i fresh installed windows 8.1 on D drive which is 25 gb The laptop says it has 8 gigs ssd how to determine my os is installed on ssd or not?
or my previous 889 gb partion has ssd compatiblity please help me with this.I want to restore my lappy through one key but i dont know now it will recover on 25 gb drive or 889gb drive(which has all the data and initial os)

Solution

Hello again Hellblazer33

Unfortunately I seriously doubt if you can do one-key recovery after installing another operating system on your PC. The recovery partition that contains the recovery information is associated with the system drive (C:) and the operating system in it when you first install the OS on a bare-metal machine (fresh PC with a blank hard disk drive).

Since you installed a separate copy of Windows on the computer, I don't think the one-key recovery would work.

To answer your question, if somehow you manage to initialize the one-key recovery process, it will recover the original Windows...
Hello Hellblazer33

If you want to check on which drive your Windows is installed, you can open the Run command prompt (by pressing the Windows + R keys together), type %SYSTEMDRIVE% in the available field, and press Enter.

The drive on which the Windows operating system has been installed will open up instantaneously.

About retrieving your data, you can always take the hard disk drive out of your laptop, connect it to a different computer, and copy the data from the externally connected hard drive to a different disk.

Note: Before taking out the hard drive from your laptop, make sure you do not break the warranty seal if your laptop is still under the warranty period.

Let me know if this helps. Good Luck!!

Hello again Hellblazer33

Unfortunately I seriously doubt if you can do one-key recovery after installing another operating system on your PC. The recovery partition that contains the recovery information is associated with the system drive (C:) and the operating system in it when you first install the OS on a bare-metal machine (fresh PC with a blank hard disk drive).

Since you installed a separate copy of Windows on the computer, I don't think the one-key recovery would work.

To answer your question, if somehow you manage to initialize the one-key recovery process, it will recover the original Windows that was pre-installed on the laptop at the time of its purchase.

Hope this helps. :)

Solution