Lenovo Y700-15ISK or Dell Inspiron 15-7559

ghardwares

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
Hi,

I am going to buy a laptop for my study and gaming. I am considering these two models: Lenovo Y700-15ISK and the Dell Inspiron 15-7559.
The Lenovo has a GTX 960m 2GB graphics card, but the Dell has a GTX 960m 4GB graphics card. And the Lenovo has DDR4 vs DDR3 on the dell.
Also the Lenovo has a SSD but there is an empty slot in the Dell so I will built a SSD inside the Dell. Also the battery of the Dell is slightly better, but the sound quality and the built quality of the Lenovo are better. And maybe the Lenovo has a better cooling?
Which laptop would you choose: the Lenovo or the Dell? Is the 4 Gb Vram of the Dell worth it? Is the DDR4 a bigger advantage than 2 GS's extra Vram?

I hope someone can help me.
Cheers

Solution
From what I've seen they are pretty similar. I just bought the Dell myself actually, but haven't gotten to use it yet really.
Since I'm big into money saving, here's a few $$$ tips if you decide to go with the Dell:

* Sign up for the Dell Advantage Rewards, it's free, thus you get 5% of the total price as a gift card for on their website ($38 for me).
* Create an account on Jet.com if you don't already have one and forward your invoice to anywhere@jet.com (https://jet.com/anywhere/?letter=D) and you'll get 6.4% cashback for the Jet website (~$50 or so for me). Jet basically is like an Amazon, so definitely useful cash.

If you hadn't taken the above into consideration, you're looking at almost $90 of additional savings :) Hope this helps!

SvenUSA

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
From what I've seen they are pretty similar. I just bought the Dell myself actually, but haven't gotten to use it yet really.
Since I'm big into money saving, here's a few $$$ tips if you decide to go with the Dell:

* Sign up for the Dell Advantage Rewards, it's free, thus you get 5% of the total price as a gift card for on their website ($38 for me).
* Create an account on Jet.com if you don't already have one and forward your invoice to anywhere@jet.com (https://jet.com/anywhere/?letter=D) and you'll get 6.4% cashback for the Jet website (~$50 or so for me). Jet basically is like an Amazon, so definitely useful cash.

If you hadn't taken the above into consideration, you're looking at almost $90 of additional savings :) Hope this helps!

Solution