Commendable
Feb 11, 2016
Hey guys,
I'm gonna buy a new laptop and can't decide which one I should get
Lenovo y 700 17.3
i7-6700HQ,16 gb ram, 1 TB HDD, 512 GB SSD, Nvidia GeForce 960M 4gb
or
MSI GE72-6QF16H21
i7-6700HQ, 16gb ram, 1 TB HDD, 256 GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M Grafik (3072 MB)

The y700 is about 200 dollars cheaper than the ge72

I hope someone can help me.
Although I don't play that much high end games, I would like to get a pretty good laptop which will last for the next few years. Or may be I should just get a normal laptop with lower settings, because the gaming laptops are quite expensive. I dont really know much about gaming laptops, so i need some advice. Is it necessary to get a laptop with those settings?

1. What is your budget 1700$

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering 17.3'

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1080p

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Desktop replacement

5. How much battery life do you need? 3 hours do do surfing/internet usage

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games.

High/Ultra Settings

Games I wish to play mainly are:

a) LoL,dota
b) blade and soul
c) some random mmorpg

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? no photoshop or something like that, just normal surfing and movies

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 500gb free space is more then enough.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? may be 5 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need?

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. No preference.

13. What country do you live in? Germany

javed5600

Commendable
Mar 15, 2016
For your desired usage.. u may take the Lenovo model. The GTX 960 is decent enuf to play high end games.. Depending on your usage I wouldnt advice u to spend extra 200 $ for the msi.

Afterall, if you are gonna do slight gaming, u neednt buy lenovo y700 at all at the first place.

Because lenovo y700 is a gaming beast with high settings for pure gaming.

If your moto is not pure gaming, u may opt for other laptops for less cost. U may even opt for 2 in 1 LAptops in other brands.

Buy Laptop depending on ur usage dude. Dont waste money

fouadsy99

Commendable
Feb 12, 2016
In my case I will buy the msi because I will use it for hardcore gaming but in your case just buy a Dell Inspiron i7559-763BLK 15.6" it will be more than enough and will run demanding games like BF4 on high quality ~60 fps. I have the y700 since a month and it works well but there is problems with software I think, the screen goes black when watching a video and scrolling down to see commentaries on youtube for example there is no other problems with it I love it! It's ur choice but it will be a waste of money to buy a gaming notebook if not playing decent games you can do better things with that money like donating to charity...