Question Lenovo Yoga 3 14 intermittent fault

Oct 14, 2020
Hi -- My Yoga 3 14 has an intermittent fault. It only occurs after the machine has not been used for a while (say, a week or more). Then this happens. The machine boots up as normal, runs fine for 5 minutes or so, then suddenly shuts down and refuses to restart. It seems to be dead. However, each time I've eventually been able to revive it through a process of persistent faffing -- pressing the power button, pressing the reset button, taking the battery out, plugging and unplugging external power -- repeating these actions over and over in different combinations. It takes time, but eventually the machine will suddenly revive. And once it does, it works fine, booting normally and staying on, provided I keep using it regularly. But If I leave it off for a few days, the problem recurs. I don't think it's anything to with the battery running down, since the same thing happens if the machine is left plugged into external power during the idle time. Does anyone recognize this problem or have idea what it might be, please? It's very frustrating and I'd be very grateful for any help!

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Laptop Tech Support 6
C Laptop Tech Support 4
S Laptop Tech Support 0
D Laptop Tech Support 3
Mercury619 Laptop Tech Support 1
darhanger Laptop Tech Support 3
R Laptop Tech Support 5
F1yingSquid Laptop Tech Support 10
D Laptop Tech Support 1
spartanunit117 Laptop Tech Support 2