Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro, Yoga 700, Dell XPS 13 and M-core questions

Tommy154

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013
Are the M cores really as bad as some reviewers say? The Yoga 3 Pro has a M 5Y71. 1.2GHz does sound pretty measly. I won't be doing anything too intensive but will that slow the system down? Other than that the specs seem pretty decent and right now its priced comparably between the bottom level XPS non-touches with i3 & i5s and 4gb & 8gb ram respectively but only 128gb SSD and a 1080p display(which I'm not actually that opposed to, saves battery).

Also priced between the two base XPS (at least currently) are a few Yoga 700s, all with I5-6200U 2.3GHz, 8GB memory, and two with Intel HD Graphics 520 having both 128 and 256GB SSDs, and one with NVIDIA GeForce GT 940M 2GB having a 256GB SSD.

I'm looking up reviews of each individually, but it would be nice to get some info on how these compete directly against each other. Stuff like battery life and heat would be nice to know. And your overall opinions between them. I was looking at the XPS 13 i5 non-touch but was going to upgrade the SSD to 256GB, but then figured maybe I'd just go for the base touch model, but specs wise this seems comparable the Yoga 700s and is almost literally half the price.