Question Lenovo Yoga 530 Laptop "Sleep", shuts it down

Aug 31, 2019
Bought a new Lenovo Yoga 530 Laptop. Upon closing the lid or pressing the power button, it's supposed to go to [sleep] but I open it back up and it only showed an unresponsive black screen shut down on me and losing my hours of work.

I tried looking at my settings and power saving options and they are all fine and set, searched online for solutions but it doesn't work.

Since you didn't say what sleep options you checked, try this...

1. Go into "Control Panel" and click the "Power Options".
  2. Next to the plan that is currently selected click "Change Plan Settings".
  3. Now click "Change Advanced Power Settings".
  4. Open the "Sleep Setting" and find "Hybrid Sleep"
  5. Change/set it to allow.
  6. Now click "Apply" and then click "OK".
  7. Finally shut down and power up the computer.

If you have tried the above, and other sleep/hibernate settings, then they aren't the problem. If the laptop is that new, I would back up your stuff (off the laptop) and either take it back to where you purchased it and have them give you one that is working correctly, or if past that time period, contact the manufacturer about a repair.

Reactions: Psychedelico
Aug 31, 2019
Since you didn't say what sleep options you checked, try this...

1. Go into "Control Panel" and click the "Power Options".
  2. Next to the plan that is currently selected click "Change Plan Settings".
  3. Now click "Change Advanced Power Settings".
  4. Open the "Sleep Setting" and find "Hybrid Sleep"
  5. Change/set it to allow.
  6. Now click "Apply" and then click "OK".
  7. Finally shut down and power up the computer.
If you have tried the above, and other sleep/hibernate settings, then they aren't the problem. If the laptop is that new, I would back up your stuff (off the laptop) and either take it back to where you purchased it and have them give you one that is working correctly, or if past that time period, contact the manufacturer about a repair.
Tried it just then and still gave me an unresponsive black screen, I'll just take it back.
Thank you so much for the help!