Lenovo Yoga 900 shuts off shortly after powering up. (Video included)

apcrews

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013
Hi I have a lenovo yoga 900 that's a bit over a year old and out of warranty. When I power it on, I get the Lenovo splash then "automatic repair" for a brief moment, then everything powers down. I can still hear a faint electronic hiss-that high pitched tone like a screen is still on but it isn't. If I press the power button again, that hiss goes away but nothing else happens. Another press of the power button and the truncated boot happens again. I've tried going into the bios but the system shuts down in that same amount of time even if I'm in the bios screen. I've also made a windows boot USB drive (no cd/DVD drive on this ultraslim) but I don't think it gets that far to even look at the USB. nothing changed.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm not opposed to disassembling the unit. Here is a link to a YouTube video I made showing what happens:

https://youtu.be/4IsfofE4dBc

Solution
I had an old computer like this they are annoying and chances are it might be dead... Laptops will sometimes break if the hard drive is exposed to high temperatures for a extended period of times. Did you ever play any stress games on thing computer that were possibly to powerful for it? (Also to start up from a disk or USB drive make sure your BIOS is configured to look for them at boot)

Techno2301

Prominent
Jul 12, 2017
I had an old computer like this they are annoying and chances are it might be dead... Laptops will sometimes break if the hard drive is exposed to high temperatures for a extended period of times. Did you ever play any stress games on thing computer that were possibly to powerful for it? (Also to start up from a disk or USB drive make sure your BIOS is configured to look for them at boot)

Solution