Lenovo Z40 wont charge

Vapeon

Commendable
May 27, 2016
I have a Lenovo Z40, with Windows 10, and it wont charge even though its plugged in. The only way it stay alive is if i keep it on Conservation Mode. I have been trying to solve this issue for a while now. Please Help

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to test the AC adapter if it's supplying enough power to charge or power the laptop.
- Remove the battery off the laptop then connect just the AC adapter then see if it will boot up normally.
- If it will boot up normally without the battery, put the battery back in and proceed with uninstalling/reinstalling the battery driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the battery driver.
- But if the laptop will not boot up without it's battery and plugged in directly to the AC adapter that could mean that it's a problem withe the charger itself or the charging port.
- Try a different AC adapter as well that has the same voltage and see if that will work or not.
- If all these will not work, I would suggest replacing the AC adapter first.

Vapeon

Commendable
May 27, 2016
Last night it started charging again when i unistalled the battery driver and reinstalled it but its not working today, The computer wont turn on if the battery is off while being plugged in by the charger.