Lenovo z510 won't boot widows

Vallelym

Estimable
Nov 17, 2015
Hi I have a Lenovo z510, when I turn the laptop on the bios loads fine but at the lenovo boot page before the windows loads my fan runs at a high speed and the laptop shuts down. Now I've tested the HDD by plugging it into my desktop on everything loads fine and files are accessible.

Any ideas what could be causing the fan to over run and shut down?

Thanks

Hi,

Have you tried loading the PC into Safe Mode?
- While the laptop is loading repeatedly tap on F8 until you see Advanced Boot Options.
- Select Safe Mode from it and press Enter.
- Once loaded into Safe Mode disable all your startup items first then reboot your PC again.
- If it doesn't load to the normal screen I would suggest to try and run a complete factory reset see if it let you load it.

Vallelym

Estimable
Nov 17, 2015
Hi thanks for your reply.

I have run the Lenovo onekey recovery console and reset the laptop back to factory setting with no change. I also tried running safe mode but again once it starts to run the fan speeds up and blows out more air resulting in sudden shutdown.

Now I'm either thinking a hardware malfunction (even though I would think the laptop wouldn't even load bios before sudden shutdown) or that my windows 8 is in error?

So I just tried booting in safe mode again and message appeared, Windows cannot complete installation in safe mode. To continue installing windows, restart the computer.

This must mean my windows 8 is in error right? If so could me upgrading to Windows 10 when the release came out be affecting the factory windows 8 setting?