Letter keys unresponsive on boot up

balancewolf_kaz

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
So I got a Origin Eon17-SLX laptop (Windows 10 Pro) recently and close to when I first started using it up to now, I noticed that after l boot up the laptop from a shut down state and get to my desktop screen, the letter keys except for Z don't respond when I press them. But, if I press a non letter key of any sort or Z first, all my other letter keys respond. Also, when restart my laptop and reach my desktop screen, all of the letter keys work right off the bat.

What I've done so far to try and fix the problem is to reinstall my standard ps/2 keyboard driver, but that didn't work.

My only thoughts as to what could be causing this issue are: the Clevo control panel which controls fan speeds, power plans, system modes (power saver, performance, entertainment), CPU memory and GPU overclocking, but most importantly the ability to assign macros to the keyboard as well as blacklight color control. I feel that portion of the control panel (called FlexiKey) maybe effecting my keyboard with this issue even though I don't have the macro feature turned on. Or maybe it is has to do with my power plan that origin made for my laptop.

So what are your thoughts on this? The origin techs just want me to do a clean install of Windows 10 but I'd prefer to be able to fix this small issue without having to wipe my system clean.

Thanks

UPDATE:

I just tried disabling the Clevo Control Panel on startup to see if it was causing the issue, but the issue still remained. So we can rule out the Clevo Control Panel as far as I can tell.

balancewolf_kaz

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017

I did email a sales rep at Origin and asked them to explain how to go about sending my laptop back for repairs if need be. He as yet to reply.

But, I want to see if there is anyway I can fix this keyboard anomaly myself with the help of people on this forum.