letter not working on laptop

nikita003

Estimable
Nov 25, 2014
when i type on my laptop which is a Microsoft laptop intel the newest ones the letter 'M' doesn't work it was working fine before now it does not work not and i have no clue how to fix it .

Solution
On the bottom of the laptop there should be a screw or two that has "KB" next to it.. unscrew that/those. and your keyboard should come away from the top.. check/clean what you can. Outside of that, buy(test) a replacement. My missus had this exact thing happen to her.

Helious

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
On the bottom of the laptop there should be a screw or two that has "KB" next to it.. unscrew that/those. and your keyboard should come away from the top.. check/clean what you can. Outside of that, buy(test) a replacement. My missus had this exact thing happen to her.

Solution

APassingMe

Estimable
Aug 25, 2014
You may have a bad key, it happens... if so the only thing you can do is replace the keyboard. However it is also possible that there is something stuck under the key, you should be able to carefully pop it off and clean it out. You can also try compressed air before popping the key off if you have any.