LG G Watch Hands-on: Already Behind the Curve

Status
Not open for further replies.

25gtt

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
LG - great product to buy, until it dies, then your customer service abolishes any positive iota of goodness your product has. The thousands of negative reviews of your abbismal customer service your company has, and my personal dealings means never going near your product in case it fails.
I hope your product is realeased, so it spurs on your competitors to release some good products that I will buy.
Most of my posts on here are positive, but i cant sit here and let others go through what I and thousands of others have when trying to deal with your products when under warranty etc and you fail to repair/replace them.

hp79

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
Title reads "LG G Watch Hands-on: Already Behind the Curve".
So who's leading the curve? Samsung? Just because it has higher res display? I think this article (more likely a blog) title sucks.

MANOFKRYPTONAK

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
Sporting a 1.65-inch IPS display, LG's wearable is made from a single piece of forged steel and comes with a built-in heart rate monitor.

However, at $229, the G Watch is pricier than the $199 Samsung Gear Live, and it lacks a heart rate monitor.

So does it or doesn't it have a heart rate monitor? This article is confusing to say the least, with very little worthwhile information.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
LG - great product to buy, until it dies, then your customer service abolishes any positive iota of goodness your product has. The thousands of negative reviews of your abbismal customer service your company has, and my personal dealings means never going near your product in case it fails.
I hope your product is realeased, so it spurs on your competitors to release some good products that I will buy.
Most of my posts on here are positive, but i cant sit here and let others go through what I and thousands of others have when trying to deal with your products when under warranty etc and you fail to repair/replace them.
I will add one more voice to the abysmal post-purchase support. I actually really like LG's phone UI a lot, more than vanilla android, but when I contacted them about the horrid auto focus issues on my phone (which has been a problem on most LG phones from the last 2 years), I was pretty much told to do a factory reset, then given the cold shoulder. They clearly don't care about people who have already purchased their stuff, and as much as I like my current G2, I will never buy another one of LG's phones.

inaudible101

Honorable
Oct 31, 2012

I have had great experience warranting phones through LG. HTC on the other hand can suck a dong. I contacted LG support via email and they responded quickly with a shipping label and RMA. My HTC one had a bad mic and this was after already RMA'ing for their shitty camera and they let it sit in their warehouse for a week and a half before calling me and saying it would cost $200 even though it was inside warranty with no physical or liquid damage.

busixb

Estimable
Jun 27, 2014
Larger battery by 100mAh and newer BT 4.1 on G Watch too FYI. It's no 360 but I ordered it in the interim over the Samsung. Don't care about heart rate monitor.

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
Can someone explain to me why the Moto 360 is so special? The only significant difference I can see with the 360 is that it's circular which I find unappealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.