LG G3 64GB SD Card

Ibreakthings

Estimable
Apr 6, 2014
I have a 32GB LG G3 and the storage has 6.40GB available. Its been getting slower and slower recently and pointless files are just taking up space.Iwant to start putting movies and music on it. Would a PNY U3 Turbo Performance 64GB SDXC work and be plenty fast enough? Also will my phone be sped up (loading/downloading times)

Files taking up space does nothing to reduce performance. It's like loading up a car with people then not actually driving anywhere, does the car need to use gas then? Same thing for computers and smartphones, files just being on the system do 0 to change how fast it runs.

The slowness would be from the programs you installed on it over time. If you want to clean up the system, get the SD card, move your files to that card, do a backup of the phone to save your files and contacts, etc.. and do a factory reset on it to set it to new defaults.

Ibreakthings

Estimable
Apr 6, 2014
I got the PNY 64GB SD card and it made a huge improvement. When im uploading/scrolling/sending pictures or videos they load instantly vs me waiting 5 or 6 seconds. Also all my apps open alot quicker and i re downloaded a old ROM that lets me record 4K video @ 60FPS and its no longer choppy and unstable :). Anyone with a LG G2/G3/G4 should get a SD card the improvements are well worth 20 bucks vs what anyone says.

You said you re-installed a ROM to the system, that would wipe it and set it up as new. Did you do that before or after you saw the speed difference. Just adding the SD card to the system should not have done anything to make it faster, just expand you storage.