Question LG HDTV Issues

FastEddie577

Estimable
Jul 27, 2019
Hi, my LG HDTV is 10 years old. It was working great, but last week I started using Chromecast on my TV and on the second day my TV made a weird noise and then the screen displayed something like a digital waterfall. Now my remote or manual controls aren't working or if they work it's only temporary. If I turn the TV off for an hour or so, it may work, but then the cycle starts again. Any suggestions on how to fix the unit? Indicator Light is red then turns blue. TV Model #: LG-47LH30-UA

Last edited:

FastEddie577

Estimable
Jul 27, 2019
If you are handy with electronics, open it up and check the system and power boards for any issues with capacitors or burned areas. If not, replace it, buying boards and having someone do the work is not worth it for a TV you can replace for about the same cost.

I opened the TV up and all modules look find. There are no burned capacitors or burned areas. I tested the two fuses and they were fine. If I unplug the TV for a few minutes and then plug it back on the red standby light is on . A few times the light switched to blue, but then went back to red. The video does not come up. Thanks