LG Intros 27" 3D IPS Panel With 2mm Bezel @ CES

Status
Not open for further replies.

friskiest

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
A thin bezel is great for multi-monitor setup like sorroundview and eyefinity but honestly, I'll be more excited if they'll at least ante-up the resolution to something like 2560x1600 for their 24-27" IPS panels.

I mean, the iPad 3 and next-gen Galaxy Tab is gettin a 2560px-dense panels on their small 10" screens.

I'll better prefer to get one "high-resolution" monitor than a 3-6 monitor setup.

de5_Roy

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
good one, lg. only if prices were for mere mortals...
still i'd prefer a 22", 1080p, 85+ hz, led, ips panel over a 3d one anyday.
TN sucks!!! :p

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]de5_roy[/nom]good one, lg. only if prices were for mere mortals...still i'd prefer a 22", 1080p, 85+ hz, led, ips panel over a 3d one anyday.TN sucks!!![/citation]
3d monitors are capable of doing 120hz. im just saying

if this monitor has the oh so sweet 85% gamut, and is no more than $500? i will be STRONGLY considering being an early adopter. even if it just 1080p.

tablets may be bumping up resolutions really fast, and although they are IPS panels, most don't realize that the color gamut are equivalent to some of the worst TN panels. and if there's one thing i want that apple has, it's those beautiful freaking displays!

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]de5_roy[/nom]good one, lg. only if prices were for mere mortals...still i'd prefer a 22", 1080p, 85+ hz, led, ips panel over a 3d one anyday.TN sucks!!![/citation]
22" you have got to be kidding me....

AidanJC

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]3d monitors are capable of doing 120hz. im just sayingif this monitor has the oh so sweet 85% gamut, and is no more than $500? i will be STRONGLY considering being an early adopter. even if it just 1080p.tablets may be bumping up resolutions really fast, and although they are IPS panels, most don't realize that the color gamut are equivalent to some of the worst TN panels. and if there's one thing i want that apple has, it's those beautiful freaking displays![/citation]
Well said!

Their displays look absolutely amazing!

intel4eva

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
No word on resolution. Leads me to believe it will be standard garbage 1080p or 1200p, depending on aspect ratio. It's nice to see panel manufacturers are keeping us in the 1080p stone age because they want to sell crap made by factories tooled 5+ years ago. It's not exactly price fixing, but it's collusion nonetheless. Shame on you!

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]3d monitors are capable of doing 120hz. im just sayingif this monitor has the oh so sweet 85% gamut, and is no more than $500? i will be STRONGLY considering being an early adopter. even if it just 1080p.tablets may be bumping up resolutions really fast, and although they are IPS panels, most don't realize that the color gamut are equivalent to some of the worst TN panels. and if there's one thing i want that apple has, it's those beautiful freaking displays![/citation]
Apple displays exterior are quite beautiful. The image quality, even though it's very good, it's far from being the best, specially since they no longer don't offer a matte version of their screen.

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008

I think you'll be disappointed if you're expecting it to be $500 or less. Acer's 27" 3D monitor isn't even IPS (just TN) and they're asking $700. Being a pure 120 Hz 3D monitor is already a bullet point that allows them to jack up the price. Adding IPS into the fold? Expect this to be at least as much as Acer's non-IPS solution. I'm expecting $800 at least.

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
Sure took 'em long enough!

[citation][nom]sosofm[/nom]It will be good to have three of these monitors for eyefinity. The gaming experince will be amazing.[/citation]
Ahem... Black bezel and night time gaming.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
A lot more makes a good monitor than just a thin bezel. Non-reflective screens, easy to navigate menus, and no glaring LEDs on the front just to name a few. Its nice to have lit buttons that have some texture to them also. I dislike my flat sensor-touch ones on mine. I can't tell where the buttons are without turning on a light or running my fingers over the area for a bit.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]22" you have got to be kidding me....[/citation]

Depends on the distance you sit from your monitor and the resolution your screen is set at. At some point, a larger screen doesn't help you much because you have to turn your head just to see part of it. Plus, there's energy use, radiation output, and of course headaches. Maybe you don't get them, but many people do.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]JonnyDough[/nom]Depends on the distance you sit from your monitor and the resolution your screen is set at. At some point, a larger screen doesn't help you much because you have to turn your head just to see part of it. Plus, there's energy use, radiation output, and of course headaches. Maybe you don't get them, but many people do.[/citation]
i have a 28 inch monitor and i am sitting 3 feet from it....it's perfect and i have have to move my head, at first it took a little getting used to but after a few weeks i just started to move my eyes, it's amazing of how your body adjusts :)

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]i have a 28 inch monitor and i am sitting 3 feet from it....it's perfect and i have have to move my head, at first it took a little getting used to but after a few weeks i just started to move my eyes, it's amazing of how your body adjusts[/citation]

i meant to say that i don't have to move my head, lol

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]magicandy[/nom]I think you'll be disappointed if you're expecting it to be $500 or less. Acer's 27" 3D monitor isn't even IPS (just TN) and they're asking $700. Being a pure 120 Hz 3D monitor is already a bullet point that allows them to jack up the price. Adding IPS into the fold? Expect this to be at least as much as Acer's non-IPS solution. I'm expecting $800 at least.[/citation]
I have my doubts that it will be that cheap. Usually, the cheapest IPS 27" displays are already around $800. Most likely it will be more expensive that $1000.

wooodoggies

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2011
but then again why not just buy a LED tv? they are so cheap now monitors really dont have any purpose. I use my panny plasma and prefer it highly over this samsung syncmaster 2232bw

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]wooodoggies[/nom]but then again why not just buy a LED tv? they are so cheap now monitors really dont have any purpose. I use my panny plasma and prefer it highly over this samsung syncmaster 2232bw[/citation]

Lol.....

Status
Not open for further replies.