lg k20 issue

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
does anyone have the problem of apps just turning off after you open them? i got this issue and if i turn the phone off and back on it works for a bit then does it again. if i do a factory restore it will run find for about 3 months and then starts it all over again. app seem to run slow it will not let me remove any apps unless i restart it. maybe i have a setting wrong or maybe i need some update that someone can tell me how to get. thanks bp.

It could be any number of things.

1. Not enough space on the phone available.
2. To many apps open at a time and using up resources. (extremely common as people don't seem to get you have to 'close' them.)
3. Bad app messing with the phone.
4. Viruses and/or malware on the phone.

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
i have lookout on the phone and that always says things are good to go. maybe that app is not finding a virus or malware. is there a good app for checking for viruses and malware? thanks

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
ok after i replied above i uninstalled greenify and reinstalled it and had to reset the app, then just now it froze up and when into some kind of loop and went to a bunch of pages that i never had open. last time it did this i had to do a factory reset and then enter all my stuff again and that takes hours to do. even with a backup from lg it takes a long time. so i wonder if i got a bad phone. got it from ebay and maybe this is why i got it they had the same issue and just peddled it off.

i have the same apps on it i have had for months. i did add a few last week. and i put the norad app on and when i tried to run that app i got an error of some type. on my pc it had malware. so maybe i got malware on the phone. lookout said it was ok. i ran lookout again today after i posted this and it still says ok. so what is a good app to run to clean a phone? i have no ideas

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
i installed avast and ran it and it did not find anything but a few on the phone switches to change and allow. trend micro did the same now i'm trying bitdefender and will see what it finds i have bitdefender on my pc so all i had to do was log on bitdefender says i'm good to go. so just may be a bad phone. so if it keep going i will just get another one and try that one if it works this one will be on ebay. thanks.

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
ok thanks but i have no idea on how to do that. one time i tried to do a root and that failed, i thought i had the program on my pc for doing that and now i can't find it, so i will have to do more research on how to reflash the firmware. i did get some type of update yesterday after i first posted the issue but that did not help at all as it di it again about 2 hours later. this time it was worse as the phone started to just change pages. it went to pages i have not opened some ever and some in a long time.

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
i don't think it is greenify i tired to uninstall greenify and it gave me fits but i think the phone was acting up anyway and any app i would have tried to uninstall would have did that. i'm not researching how to do a firmware reinstall or flash and see if that help. if i reflash it i still may not know for a few month if it worked. maybe someone here can help me with reflashing or where i might go to get started. if it is like rooting then i need to find the program for it and then follow those instructions. if reflashing is on the phone then i may have done that already a few months ago and it came back. i did do a factory restore back then and all my apps came back and i have been using all of them on a regular basis, just like last time when it started acting up.
thanks

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
i thought that too but i have not installed but 3 or 4 apps i will install them and see . ok walmarts fing norad tracks santa barcode scanner are all gone. those are the only apps i put on but for avast and bitdefender but it acted up after the last 2 yesterday. i have downloaded lg's firmware updater tool and i'm about to do that today when i get all the files. and if i can install oreo i will go fo it. worst that may happen is i brick it and the way it is running now won't be much of a loss.

thanks.

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
so i went to get the lg firmware tools and uppercut is infected with a virus. go figure. my pc will not install it. i will not override the antivirus program to instal it so i will start taking apps off and see how it runs if i still get the errors then i will again do a factory restore and ebay the phone. is seems this is going to be more of a headache than it is worth . thanks

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
ok to save a ton of time i just did a factory reset and before i did it i did a backup using the backup on the phone. and then i did a restore and you guessed it sd card is bad. go figure it has all my pictures still on it so how can it be dead. but i also did the lg backup and that would come up and tell me the backup was good so now can someone tell me this backup is bad also? how in the world do i get it back when i tried the phones restore it wanted me to use another phone. well i have one but it is a bit ut of date. i thought me lg backups went to lg and all i had to do was click one the the lg apps and it would let me restore me stuff. but none of the apps let me do it. so my stuff is somewhere but where ? thanks

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
ok this may be over as i just did another reset. it seemed faster than connecting the phone and learning how to get into it and do a reflash. the only thing that went bad was when i got all my apps back the simple notes app did not have my notes in it. that pisses me off as i did a backup just before i did the reset and then i tried to do a restore and it said my sd card was bad. but it gave me back all my pictures and videos, so the lg backup and restore is junk also. i had months of data on that app and now nothing. i also had the phone setup to do automatic backups overnight with lg and that did not restore any of the data either.

if anyone knows how to get lg to send my data back feel free to send that info along. thanks