Question LG K51 from T-Mobile does not work in Kuwait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quast.3

Prominent
Jun 21, 2021
Hi,

I bought a new phone "LG K51" from ebay "T-mobile" to use it here in Kuwait. I found SIM Card inside it. I removed and put my SIM Card. But it's doesn't work? I made a search and found people talking about sites to unlock those kind of phones. Pay and send your IMEI to unlock it for you. So, it's safe to do that or scam? Where can I found a trusted site with fair price?

My regards.

Quast.3

Prominent
Jun 21, 2021
I can't use any sim card because the phone is Locked. It's working only on US. That is why I'm asking about these websites that Unlock the phone network. That is why I'm asking about these sites.

Quast.3

Prominent
Jun 21, 2021
I contact with them from there website and they request the IMEI number. I give it to them. They told me this

This device is fully compatible with T-Mobile’s network technology. We can’t confirm that this device is unblocked. Please contact the original wireless carrier for information about the device’s status.

You would have to contact the original carrier or you can attempt to unlock with Customer care.
International Callers
Call: 1-505-998-3793

All calls made to this number from a T-Mobile handset are free from roaming, airtime, or long distance charges. Calls made to this number from landlines and non-T-Mobile phones will incur international long distance charges as well as any other additional charges that may apply.

Customer Care representatives are available daily from 4 a.m. to Midnight PST.
I will call them and see what can they do. But I want to know if these website are real or scam. If I pay them, will they unlock my phone or not? I have one website but I don't know if it's allowed to put here or not?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I contact with them from there website and they request the IMEI number. I give it to them. They told me this

I will call them and see what can they do. But I want to know if these website are real or scam. If I pay them, will they unlock my phone or not? I have one website but I don't know if it's allowed to put here or not?
Some are scams. Some "may" be legit. I would not recommend any of them.

If you have a legit phone, then T-Mobile will assist you to unlock it.

Closing this thread now.

Quast.3

Prominent
Jun 21, 2021
Hi,
I bought a phone from ebay and I found it locked to use is outside US. I called the T mobile to unlock it. But they transfer me to Metro. Metro told me you have to have US address and open account for 6 moths then we unlock it for you!
I make a search and I found people rooting their phone to unlock it. Will root do solve my problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.