Solved! LG plasma turns clicks on then immediately off

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2020
Hi all,

I'm having a problem with my LG plasma 55in...it's 10 yrs old and never had any trouble until this week it started randomly turning off. It's now progressed such that it won't turn on- now it just clicks on and then immediately clicks off.

I've read that it is often a capacitor that has gone bad. Is it possible to spot the bad capacitor ? I've included a pic of the board. I noticed a white flash/spark when I tried to turn it on while looking at the main board...it this a tell-tale of what the issue may be?

Repair-wise if I could isolate what the problem is, are there places to order parts to replace? I'm a newbie with just basic soldering skills.. no skills regarding reading voltage etc.
Thanks for any help suggestions from a first time poster.
Chris
main board
LG model and yr of manufacture
main 2

View: https://imgur.com/qb3adS4

Last edited:
Solution
You usually can tell bad capacitors easily, the tops would be popped up or even cracked. Newer 55" TVs are not that expensive, especially if you buy a used one. Probably better to do that than to start buying new system and power boards to try to fix the TV.
You usually can tell bad capacitors easily, the tops would be popped up or even cracked. Newer 55" TVs are not that expensive, especially if you buy a used one. Probably better to do that than to start buying new system and power boards to try to fix the TV.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.