Lg remote on turns on and off tv. Will nolonger connect to anything. It has worrd fine for a year. Rebooted many times. Intern

Mkb135

Estimable
Dec 1, 2015
Remote issue. I have power because it will turn tv on and off. But no other functions work. LG remote about a year old.

Here is a link to instructions to determine if the remote is transmitting on the non working functions.
http://www.wikihow.com/Check-if-a-Remote-Control-is-Transmitting-an-Infrared-Signal
You can also try a remote that can be programmed to operate your TV like a cable box remote to see if that will change the volume of the TV,
If the remote isn't working then you could try cleaning the contacts of the remote but this is often not possible. You should be able to get a replacement remote.

Here is a link to instructions to determine if the remote is transmitting on the non working functions.
http://www.wikihow.com/Check-if-a-Remote-Control-is-Transmitting-an-Infrared-Signal
You can also try a remote that can be programmed to operate your TV like a cable box remote to see if that will change the volume of the TV,
If the remote isn't working then you could try cleaning the contacts of the remote but this is often not possible. You should be able to get a replacement remote.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
X Streaming Video & TVs 1
H Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 5
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 2
F Streaming Video & TVs 5
T Streaming Video & TVs 5
N Streaming Video & TVs 1
F Streaming Video & TVs 1