Info LG ripoff

Jul 8, 2022
Hi Tom's friends,
I just jumped into the streaming smart TV river and bought my first at Walmart.........an LG '554UQ70' and after unboxing and attempting to put it to 1st use, I realized that the remote that came with it was a cheap simple 'dumb tv remote' , then went on line and found that what was missing was LG's smart 'magic remote' [@ $50+] for my new smart toy to be fully functional and I'm a bit pissed off at LG corp. for not mentioning the need for another remote to do it's job.
I've bought many tvs over the years and all had the proper fully functional remote in the box.
"*requires LG Magic Remote and separate purchase necessary" with minimal contrast so it's almost invisible.
I would call that misleading and obviously well hidden to anyone with normal eyes.
Is this fair and honest labeling?
I've attached a couple of photos of the box to show the cleverly 'hidden disclosure' by LG and would appreciate any input from Tom's friends.

Seeing this kind of thing more and more. For me, it started with printers not including power cables. Got me reading the fine print more and more. If you're looking online, always look for those oh so important words, "Not Included".

Sorry for your hassles.

-Wolf sends

Check the model number, that model number does not show any results with a web search. There may be some other extra function that needs the other remote that is not included out of the box. The photos did not go through, make sure you have them in a shareable place.