LG SJ9 and Receiver Arc channel

bong7890

Prominent
Nov 6, 2017
I got the LG SJ9 and connected it to XBOX and projector which doesn't have an HDMI ARC. channel.I connected the Xbox HDMI out to the SJ9 HDMI in, SJ9 HDMI ARC out to my projector which doesn't support HDMI ARC.
I can hear audio from the Projector speakers but not from Sj9 the reason being told I need to have a TV or Projector with ARC channel.

My questions is: Can I use a HDMI splitter which supports ARC to connect from SJ9 HDMI ARC and then from splitter to the projector to get audio output from SJ9?

Thanks

Solution
No projector will have ARC since it can't be a source of audio.
TVs have built in tuners and smart apps. ARC allows an HDMI input to output audio. It saves a cable when you have a home theater system with all the external sources connect to the AV receiver. ARC won't help your situation at all..
You connected it correctly. Xbox to soundbar in, soundbar out to projector. Did you select the HDMI input as your source on the soundbar?
If you can't get it working with HDMI then use an HDMI input selector with audio extraction to provide an optical audio output for all you sources that you can connect to the optical input on the soundbar.
No projector will have ARC since it can't be a source of audio.
TVs have built in tuners and smart apps. ARC allows an HDMI input to output audio. It saves a cable when you have a home theater system with all the external sources connect to the AV receiver. ARC won't help your situation at all..
You connected it correctly. Xbox to soundbar in, soundbar out to projector. Did you select the HDMI input as your source on the soundbar?
If you can't get it working with HDMI then use an HDMI input selector with audio extraction to provide an optical audio output for all you sources that you can connect to the optical input on the soundbar.

Solution