LG ''Star'' Phone Has Dual-Core Tegra 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
I seriously can 't wait. Granted, there is no way I'd buy a first-gen Tegra 2 phone, I'll wait till Q2. But really and truly, I cannot wait.

Also, I am surprised as well that Google has not taken to using the Android symbol in the same fashion as Apple's apple.

lejay

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]NapoleonDK[/nom]I seriously can 't wait.[/citation]

[citation][nom]NapoleonDK[/nom] I'll wait till Q2.[/citation]

[citation][nom]NapoleonDK[/nom] But really and truly, I cannot wait.[/citation]
WTF?

Verrin

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009
I would like to see more powerful phones that offer both touch screen and QWERTY capabilities. So, while intriguing, I'm also a bit wary.

blueer03

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
Why was this not the Nexus 2/s/whatever? Like the Nexus One introduced the 1ghz processor, this could introduce dual-core to the Android world. It would be something that would still be relevant (hardware-wise) in a year.

lejay

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]blueer03[/nom]Why was this not the Nexus 2/s/whatever? Like the Nexus One introduced the 1ghz processor, this could introduce dual-core to the Android world. It would be something that would still be relevant (hardware-wise) in a year.[/citation]
There's a lot of rumour about the nexus s being canceled at the last minute and getting samsungs orion instead, which is also a dual core cortex a9 like tegra 2.
So you may be getting your wishes.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
finally some Tegra 2 phones :p Microsoft should jump in and start gaining ground by promoting its version of "PSP phone" via XBOX Live

shmung

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
Im kinda curious on battery life on these anyone know if they are more efficient than the windows 7 phones out now because the hd7 is usually almost dead by the time i get home.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]phatboe[/nom]No info on what carrier?[/citation]
most likely verizon, what do you expect...they are the best, lol...not

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]shmung[/nom]Im kinda curious on battery life on these anyone know if they are more efficient than the windows 7 phones out now because the hd7 is usually almost dead by the time i get home.[/citation]

Welcome to the world of smartphones. It's not going to get much better.

gregor

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2004
...somewhat identical???
Isn't that whats called an oxymoron? Besides which, it doesnt look much like an iPhone to me. Similar to a desire hd or evo, but not an iPhone.

the_wolf88

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
WTF !

First speaker looks like the one on HTC Desire HD !

Second it's looks like an iphone from front

Third it's having the same name of one of Samsung mobile it's called "Star" also !!

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
I have not been impressed with the useability of LG phones in the past....every one my girlfriend has had was riddled with problems

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]scook9[/nom]I have not been impressed with the useability of LG phones in the past....every one my girlfriend has had was riddled with problems[/citation]

Thats strange because every LG phone I have had has been great for what they were. My EnV Touch was an awesome messaging/multimedia phone.

And the LG Ally is a great smart phone. Just waiting for FroYo is all it needs to be even better.

[citation][nom]the_wolf88[/nom]WTF !First speaker looks like the one on HTC Desire HD !Second it's looks like an iphone from frontThird it's having the same name of one of Samsung mobile it's called "Star" also !![/citation]

The Star name is a codenam, not the final name of the device.

And I honestly do not like the iPhone like front. Always found the iPhone to be a bit boring looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.