LG Stylo 3 power button not working

Sep 18, 2018
So I went to get my LG Stylo 3 this morning and it turns out the screen had been on all night (charging). I tried locking it and ir wouldn't. The other features of the power button work (screenshotting, etc) but my phone won't lock or shut down. I saw on another thread to try force shutting down and I tried it, with no luck.
So now the only way I can wake up/lock my phone is through double tapping the screen, which isn't a big deal, but I still want my power button back. Help?

Solution
If the button itself isn't working, then you can try letting it fully run out of power and then charge it. The button may work after this if frozen (software wise). If, however, the button itself is not working correctly, and it isn't software related, then it may not turn back on. If the problem is the button, then it will probably need to be looked at by either the manufacturer, if under warranty, or by a local tech if not.
If the button itself isn't working, then you can try letting it fully run out of power and then charge it. The button may work after this if frozen (software wise). If, however, the button itself is not working correctly, and it isn't software related, then it may not turn back on. If the problem is the button, then it will probably need to be looked at by either the manufacturer, if under warranty, or by a local tech if not.

Solution