LG Thrill 3D Smartphone Coming to AT&T

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]shineon2010[/nom]why do phones have to have 3D?[/citation]
They don't... Much as nothing 'needs' to be in 3D. But it is a future development and appeals to many people.

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
They think they can do better than Nintendo. But seriously, the 3DS is the only 3D (exception of movies in theaters) that has potential to sell well in the 3D market.

G

In my head I'm going, "3D phone, what? What a waste of money." But I thought that about the first iPhone. $800 for it! Ridiculous. It will not sell a lot. But I was dead wrong. I've since come to appreciate that if a cool technology is done extremely well, then people will pay for it, even if it is very expensive. Let's face it: cool features are just as powerful a purchase motivator (if maybe not more so) as practical features. I should say though I was very underwhelmed viewing Avatar 3D on a 42" Samsung (I like things flying out at me, and you need a big screen for that), but experience has taught me to withhold judgment. Let's see how well they implement this glasses-free 3D before we write it off.

phatboe

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
I'd way much rather see a larger selection of android phones with an actual physical QWERTY keyboard than this stupid 3D crap.

fayzaan

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010

So that you can FEEEL the numbers hahaha. What a load of horse poop.

dstigue

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
[citation][nom]reprotected[/nom]They think they can do better than Nintendo. But seriously, the 3DS is the only 3D (exception of movies in theaters) that has potential to sell well in the 3D market.[/citation]

Disagree. Passive 3D televisions are coming down the pipe now. I just bought a 55lw5600 from LG and it's close to as good as the movie theater. It comes with 4 pairs of 3D glasses and just bought 9 pair of realD glasses for $20 so everyone in the house can watch if I have a house full. 3D is coming and coming fast. Problem now is content. And being able to record 3D on phones and Nvidia releasing 3DTV Play. Things are looking interesting. By next year things will be really ramped up.

djab

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009

Why not?
Today phones have touch screen, digital camera, motion sensor, ... and lots of other things you do not need to make a phone call.
So why not 3D?
It is easier to do 3D on a small phone screen than on a big TV so why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.