Lg tv has sound but no picture

mastaj

Estimable
Jan 25, 2016
I have a LG 47ls4500-ud LED tv and when I turn it on the backlights come on, can hear sound, but no picture. I tried replacing the tcon board but it didn't help. Any suggestions?

Solution
I have the exact same television model. Mine just began having the same issue. I turn it on, and you can visibly see the dark screen as being on (a bluish/black screen) however,when you select the menu button or settings there are no visible alterations in the screen, the menu doesn't appear, yet sound can still be heard. If you have found an answer to the issue please let me know.

Sincerely,

Amelia :)

Amelia-Christina

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016
I have the exact same television model. Mine just began having the same issue. I turn it on, and you can visibly see the dark screen as being on (a bluish/black screen) however,when you select the menu button or settings there are no visible alterations in the screen, the menu doesn't appear, yet sound can still be heard. If you have found an answer to the issue please let me know.

Sincerely,

Amelia :)

Solution

rbinghamshera

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016
I have the same problem. I replaced all three visible boards and still the same issue. I'm at a loss of what to do next. If anyone has found a solution please let us know. Thank you!

rbinghamshera

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016

We replaced all the boards and the strips the only thing we couldn't find was all the wiring, after all the money we spent we could of taken it to a repair shop but they quoted $300 + so we tossed it . Very gut wrenching hearing hit the bottom of the dumpster. :-(