LG TV no audio output

meddyuk

Estimable
Aug 24, 2015
Hi all,

I'm hoping you can help me. I was bought a new Phillips Fidelio soundbar for my birthday, but am annoyed that my LG TV doesn't have audio out capability. The LG 42LS345T only has the following: analogue audio in, analogue video in, 2 x HDMI ports, USB and Network cable, oh and a SCART in/out socket.

The soundbar has 3 HDMI sockets but one of those is for HDMI ARC, but the TV is not ARC compliant. There are analogue inputs.

I currently have a Satellite box, PS3 and Rasperry Pi 2 (HTPC) connected to the TV and am listening to the audio through the normal TV speakers. I want to be able to listed to the PS3/ Raspberry Pi through the soundbar to enhance the home theatre experience.

1. Is this possible
2. Would a HDMI switch work to link all the devices into the switch and have 2 outputs - one for tv and one for soundbar?
3. Would a SCART adaptor work to take audio out from the LG TV to the soundbar.
4. Take the Soundbar back to the shop and get a refund and do without it?

Your advice is really welcome.

Meddy.

From your description the soundbar has 2 HDMI inputs. You could connect 2 of your 3 sources to it and connect the soundbar to the TV with the HDMI output (even though you are not using ARC it would act as a switch). If you want all 3 connected all the time you could get an HDMI switch with 3 inputs and connect it between the sources and the soundbar.