LG TV suddenly quit displaying in 1080p

rymgreen

Estimable
Mar 31, 2015
Hello. My 47" LG LD650 TV I purchased in Nov 2009 suddenly quit working in 1080p. I first noticed the issue when I turned on my PS4 and got grey static instead of any picture. My PS4, which is run through my Sony STR DH810 receiver, has never had its resolution settings altered in any way since I purchased it last July.. After booting in Safe Mode and changing the resolution to 480p, I discovered that every resolution EXCEPT 1080p worked just fine.

I tried all 4 HDMI ports on my receiver (didn't work) & purchased a new HDMI cable (didn't work.) When I plug the PS4 directly into my TV, instead of complete grey static, I get a 1080p picture that flickers non-stop. I tried all 4 HDMI ports on my TV, and the same thing happens.

To make sure it wasn't an issue with my PS4, I plugged in my Chromecast to all 4 HDMI ports on my TV, and get the same flickering issue. When I plug the Chromecast in to my receiver's HDMI ports, I get no picture at all - just grey static.

I have restored factory settings to my TV, updated the firmware, unplugged everything and re-hooked everything back up, and nothing has worked. Does anyone have any clue what the issue might be?

Thanks.