LG's Quad-Core X3 Makes an Appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
Given the fact that there are only 3 capacitive buttons below the screen (task switcher, home, and back), I think it's safe to assume that it sill ship with Android 4.0.

It's an awesome looking phone, but 4.7" is too large for my taste. I'm hoping the Droid 3 will receive an ICS update soon. Android 2.3.x just feels dated by comparison.

kenyee

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2006
If they made it a borderless display, I want one. The Galaxy Nexus actually doesn't feel bad and it has a 4.6" display...feels just like a 4.3" phone but longer.

It's gotta have 4.0...and be available by June...none of the silly LG stuff like last year where they announced by MWC and the LG Black wasn't available until November? :p

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]ahlkid1213[/nom]Estimated battery life: 6 hours[/citation]
And how exactly do you know that?
I would be interested if the screen was a daylight readable type, like the Amoled Plus screen. S-LCD just does not have it, not even iphone's one. I have seen iPhones in daylight, they just wash out.

G

Seeing how the Transformer Prime's battery handled Tegra 3, I'd say the X3 will get 2-3 days of medium usage especially with that big 2000 mAh battery.

masterofevil22

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]a little to big for a cell phone...4inches is all you need for a freaking cell phone[/citation]

I have the galaxy nexus (4.65in 720p screen) and I like it; though i liked my Epic Touch 4g better (GS2=better phone with the Exynos CPU. Switched bc Sprint's network sucks in my area) and I gotta say that 4in is too small for me. I like the larger screens for internet browsing and honestly just about everything. I watch movies and tv shows, play games, etc and it's really nice to have the extra real estate.

Also, I don't have particularly large hands, but I do find that the Galaxy Nexus's screen is easily accessible to me with only one hand. This may have more to do with phones width than its diagonally measured screen size. Also remember that the screen is being measured where there would otherwise be capacitve buttons; an indication that THIS PHONE WILL PROB SHIP WITH GINGERBREAD..

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
So, the quad-core phone era has started. Great, now let's wait for a couple of years until there are applications capable of using all that power.

Status
Not open for further replies.