Lian-Li Solves The Xbox 360 Overheating Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

There is no way they can silence the jet engine sound of the dvd unit. Some of the X360's ship with obnoxiously loud dvd drives.

No box is going to solve that.

ADM-86

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2006
mm Actually it doesn't solve anything...its just an expensive way to keep better cooled you xbox 360 and thats not enough.

Anyway the word on the pricing is $150 ,at that price I prefer buying a new crapbox when mine decides to die, which is bound to happen if you don't live in a cold environment.

G

Bound to die unless you live in a cold environment?

I live in the heart of Texas, Austin, where it reaches over 100 degrees pretty much daily during the summer. Oh yea I bought my 360 at launch almost three years ago and here it is sitting in front of me as I play GTA IV... the same console.

On the other hand I bought my PS3 in March and the BD drive stopped working after 48 hours. Luckily I got a store exchange because I had just bought it but then again in July the BD drive stopped working.

I guess it is all about consumer luck huh?

frozenlead

Distinguished
I'm not surprised. I've taken a few apart, these things are designed to be cheap, not to last. I know lots of people whose boxes stopped working. Reminds me of apple products, except those are designed to be expensive and flashy, not to last.
I've only played one once. Lagged in halo 3, lagged in COD4. Hated it, put it down, never touching it again. I'm happy it wasn't mine.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
yeah most games run ~30fps, with the few exceptions

its not bad for fighting games or racing games... or rhythm games

but yeah shooters, rpg's, mmo's, and a whole lot others always win on pc

abbadon_34

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
For modders this is a nice option, been around for awhile in unofficial channels and variations. Since a modded 360 has no warranty, these are the options. A legit 360 has a warranty and doesn't need this. If you've had a long enough to exhaust the warranty, count yourself lucky and buy a new one. It'll cost you have the price you first paid and since you're not modding you couldn't care less about the drive model or other changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.