Solved! Life of 3D TV glasses….

ram_khatrim

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011
In present days we have lot of options for 3d tv glasses from the various brands….

But it’s necessary to know about the life of 3d tv glasses as it’s already been too expensive.

I am expecting the replies from the 3d tv experience persons,
because I think they better know about the life of 3d glasses.

Plz friends co-operate..!!!!

Solution
has the consumer market really thought about using them as sunglasses?

what if those bright televisions are using UV light to excite the polorized plate.. just like a flourescent poster in a black light.. and you want to use the glasses as sunglasses?
if there is any truth to that, you might not be burning your eyes as bad.. because the polorized plates would block more light than they let in.

and well.. now you see who is to blame when the glasses are making the picture look darker.

to say that those glasses would light up like a black light poster behind the polarized plate.. .
the light in front of the plate would also be significantly reduced, and that would amount to a reduction of the extremely bright light from the sun.
and...

chndni_jn

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2011
I agree with the above suggestion that it depends on the individual that how frequently they use the 3d tv glasses and the condition they are being kept after it's use.

ram_khatrim

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011

Yeah that's true!
But i want to know that is there any performance assurance given by manufacturer for 3d tv glass to its users that how long it will work?

chndni_jn

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2011

Well, I don't know about the performance assurance given by manufacturer but yeah every company give it's terms, rules or conditions about how to use the 3d glasses.

ram_khatrim

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011

Okay thanks!

iit_aspirant90

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011

Hey!

You are very right that 3D Glasses are actually very expensive to buy,

And when it comes to maintain them for long life, its really a big task.

Because you need to change batteries from time to time, you can not wear them in direct sunlight etc.

But I would like to suggest you to go for FPR 3D Glasses, they are actually better in performance and easy to use and handle.

even you can wear them as sun shades in daylight for your eyes..and you need not to change batteries etc.

they are much more comfortable than SG 3D TV glasses..

gaurishank

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011

Is it actually possible that one can use the 3d glasses as a normal sunshade in daylight?????

vikas_nissan

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011

Not truly sure but yes, i also heard the same from somewhere that fpr 3d glasses can also be used as sun glasses.

iit_aspirant90

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011

Hey!

As per my knowledge it can be used as sunshade because it requires only one polarized plate, so it is very similar to sunglasses.

Normally, sunglasses are made by coated UV protective film, and prices greatly differ depending on the material or design.

FPR type is very similar. You can expect to see partnerships with famous global luxury brands to develop FPR type 3D glasses that can also be used as sunglasses.

I hope this is satisfactory!

tanuu00

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2011

The information is gud,

It is somewhat clear that we can use these glasses as sunglasses, but if you could explain the above post more clearly and with some references as well.

anwaypasible

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
has the consumer market really thought about using them as sunglasses?

what if those bright televisions are using UV light to excite the polorized plate.. just like a flourescent poster in a black light.. and you want to use the glasses as sunglasses?
if there is any truth to that, you might not be burning your eyes as bad.. because the polorized plates would block more light than they let in.

and well.. now you see who is to blame when the glasses are making the picture look darker.

to say that those glasses would light up like a black light poster behind the polarized plate.. .
the light in front of the plate would also be significantly reduced, and that would amount to a reduction of the extremely bright light from the sun.
and the light from the plate is probably not as bright.
i have worn 3d glasses from the movie theater as some sunglasses for fun, and i do believe the light let through is lower than without 'em.

but come again,
because UV light isnt really typically seen.
if you have a good look, you might realize that the light you see from the 3d glasses is like the highest sound from a tweeter.

but if you come this far, you should realize that it would be perfectly possible that a light you cant see emit any luminance can actually cause 2nd degree burns on your skin from some monstor hobby scientist who has such a light.

'atmospheric light' is just that.. atmosphere.
lots of UV light in the ambience of the area.

that light should come through like a very sheer white.. or white-ish grey.
the rest.. well you wouldnt see it at all.
your eyes would burn and they would be damaged without ever seeing a clue.

i know it is fun and cute to play.. but the violence with those glasses are invisible.
you might not notice in 30 years.. but you might hate yourself for it in 50 or 60 years.

Solution