Light, High-Pitched Screech from Klipsch Promedia 2.1's

nsouter853

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2011
Hello! I got some Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers a couple weeks ago, and have had a problem with them ever since. I thought it would go away, but it hasn't.

Whenever I play music through them, I get this high-pitched, almost "electric" (if you will) sound coming from somewhere. I think it is either the speakers or the subwoofer. It usually happens more and more audibly when the sounds are either very high-pitched or very loud. I've tried the obvious restart, of course. I've also tried different audio jacks, as well as re-plugging in the speaker wires into the subwoofer.

Is there anything that I didn't think of that could potentially solve this issue? Thanks for any input.

ssddx

Glorious
try plugging the speakers into a different devices such as a phone, mp3 player etcetera when all of the other electronic devices in your room are off.

do you still have the same problem?

to be completely honest i had the promedia 2.1 before and returned it because i found it subpar. i'm still using klipsch speakers but the home theater variety. the promedia just seems like its not quite up to snuff.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Audio 1
S Audio 1
T Audio 1
R Audio 1
M Audio 1
R Audio 6
H Audio 1
M Audio 1
M Audio 1
B Audio 3
WINTERLORD Audio 5