Light, High-Pitched Screech from Klipsch Promedia 2.1's

nsouter853

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2011
Hello! I got some Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers a couple weeks ago, and have had a problem with them ever since. I thought it would go away, but it hasn't.

Whenever I play music through them, I get this high-pitched, almost "electric" (if you will) sound coming from somewhere. I think it is either the speakers or the subwoofer. It usually happens more and more audibly when the sounds are either very high-pitched or very loud. I've tried the obvious restart, of course. I've also tried different audio jacks, as well as re-plugging in the speaker wires into the subwoofer.

Is there anything that I didn't think of that could potentially solve this issue? Thanks for any input.

try plugging the speakers into a different devices such as a phone, mp3 player etcetera when all of the other electronic devices in your room are off.

do you still have the same problem?

to be completely honest i had the promedia 2.1 before and returned it because i found it subpar. i'm still using klipsch speakers but the home theater variety. the promedia just seems like its not quite up to snuff.