Light/Small powerful gaming laptops?

icybob101

Estimable
Dec 27, 2014
I was originally thinking about the lenovo y50, but then I started thinking about the Mac Air.

Now, I'm not exactly fond of macs, but the Air is just such a nice laptop. It's so lightweight and compact, and it's pretty powerful I guess. $1150 for an i7 and intel 5000 HD (Although I don't know what mobile graphics card this would be comparable too)

Anyways, are there any light laptops that might be coming out in the future or are already out with specs equivalent or greater than the Y50 that are fairly lightweight and small? 15.6 inches is okay but I prefer 13 inches. Price really isn't an issue.

Solution
The Intel HD 5000 is about as powerful as the GT 710m which is pretty weak. It is less powerful than the Intel HD 4600 which is in Intel laptop CPU that are not meant for ultrabooks like the dual core "M" and quad core "HQ" models since they draw more power.

The Lenovo Y50 is far more powerful than a Macbook Air. However, you are not going to find a laptop under 14" to match or exceed those specs. The 14" Razer Blade is more powerful and lighter than the Lenovo Y50, but at around $2,000 it is also more expensive. There's the 15.6" HP Omen which basically has the same specs as the Lenovo Y50, but a little lighter at almost 4.7lbs, but is also a bit more expensive starting at above $1,500.

I do not really focus on gaming laptops, but...
The Intel HD 5000 is about as powerful as the GT 710m which is pretty weak. It is less powerful than the Intel HD 4600 which is in Intel laptop CPU that are not meant for ultrabooks like the dual core "M" and quad core "HQ" models since they draw more power.

The Lenovo Y50 is far more powerful than a Macbook Air. However, you are not going to find a laptop under 14" to match or exceed those specs. The 14" Razer Blade is more powerful and lighter than the Lenovo Y50, but at around $2,000 it is also more expensive. There's the 15.6" HP Omen which basically has the same specs as the Lenovo Y50, but a little lighter at almost 4.7lbs, but is also a bit more expensive starting at above $1,500.

I do not really focus on gaming laptops, but you might want to consider the business oriented 14" ThinkPad Yoga 14. It has a dual core i5-4210u CPU and the nVidia GT 840m for $1,100. The Core i5-4210u is also in the MacBook Air and it is not as powerful as a quad core i7-4710HQ in the Lenovo Y50. The GT 840m is considered a good mainstream graphics chip for "casual gamers". I would consider the GT 860m to be the minimum graphics chip for "hardcore gamers". It weighs in at 4.2lbs which is not as light as a Macbook Air, but is over 1lbs lighter than the Lenovo Y50.

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/yoga-series/yoga-14/

Solution