Question Lightwave RF vs. Energenie MiHome - which is best for light switches and wall sockets?

Jun 19, 2019
As far as I am aware, the newer Lightwave RF light switches and wall sockets (the "smart" series, rather than the "connect" series) are 2-way communication which means that you are able to check the status of switches and sockets from an android device when out and about (i.e. I would be able to tell if the kitchen light/living room wall socket is on from my phone at work). I don't understand whether the Energenie MiHome light switches and sockets are the same or not - does anyone know?

I'm also interested in anyone's personal experience/thoughts on each company's products.

Thanks in advance!

Jul 1, 2019
Hi, Did you make a decision on which brand to use? I'm looking at the same, but the Mihome range are a lot cheaper, but have seen some negative reviews about lag and connectivity issues.

Dec 22, 2019
MiHome are a lot cheaper but they are 1-way, the hub can talk to switches and sockets but the switches and sockets do not communicate, so the hub has no way of knowing whether the switches and sockets are on or off. May not be a problem for many, but is a significant difference between the 2 solutions.