lines on display

MelBailey

Estimable
Mar 13, 2015
I've got a Toshiba A300-1BZ, had it 7 years now. The display has developed fine black lines at the bottom of the screen, about an inch thick. The colour from the icons has bled up to the top of the inch. Does anyone know how i can rectify this?

Solution
Hi there,
Most likely the screen connectors (between the lcd controller and the Lcd array) has gone loose... this is not repairable but you could change the LCD display !
You look for an old laptop from same age, same dimensions and same resolution and for 90% sure that the display will fit in the Toshiba !

All displays from different brands have different connectors at the motherboards side but NOT on the other side of the cable (on the back of the LCD).
I changed screens from IBM's into Medion and Dell screens in other brands... there are not many companies that make displays.

Just use the original connector to the Mobo and release the cable from the broken LCD usually covered or even hidden with tape.

Let me know if it works for...

Louise Porkolt

Estimable
Nov 25, 2014
Hi there,
Most likely the screen connectors (between the lcd controller and the Lcd array) has gone loose... this is not repairable but you could change the LCD display !
You look for an old laptop from same age, same dimensions and same resolution and for 90% sure that the display will fit in the Toshiba !

All displays from different brands have different connectors at the motherboards side but NOT on the other side of the cable (on the back of the LCD).
I changed screens from IBM's into Medion and Dell screens in other brands... there are not many companies that make displays.

Just use the original connector to the Mobo and release the cable from the broken LCD usually covered or even hidden with tape.

Let me know if it works for you.

Cheers, Louise.

Solution