Lines on TV when first turn on

ekligman

Prominent
Oct 22, 2017
Lines when I first turn on TV 42CS570. Mother board replaced and all new cables and box replaced. It takes six minutes for lines to go away and get me picture. I still have warranty with Best Buy until end of December. Problem started three weeks ago. HELP!

Solution
Yeah, but when they came and replaced the motherboard, and then they turned on the tv, was it happening then still? Or is this something that developes after a few days? Question here being, that if this is some issue in your place, like the wiring in your wall outlet or presence of some electrical device nearby that's interfering with it, lines will be happening immediately after repair. If this is some issue with the tv itself, it might be working for a day or two after repair guys leave, and then start appearing again.

Sedivy

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
Check the cable it uses to connect to the gpu and motherboard (ie. swap it for another). Check the connection type ie. if you're using hdmi, try dvi instead or vga or any other option.
When you unplug the cable from the gpu or mobo, touch the connection lightly with your fingers. Do you get shocked at all? Any static charge buildup?
Check your wiring, and the power plug your monitor and your pc plugs into. Sometimes improper grounding of the wall outlets can cause issues with the monitor (and well electrical devices in general).
Check if it happens if you move your setup into another room. Sometimes presence of other electrical devices, fans, air conditioning, etc. can create interference with the tv.

ekligman

Prominent
Oct 22, 2017

Sedivy

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
Oh...you're not using tv as monitor for a pc are you?
Sorry you mentioned motherboard so I assumed.

Well the wiring check for proper grounding should still apply, as will presence of other potentially interfering electrical devices.
However, forget about the motherboard if you're not using tv as a pc monitor.

If this is a recent purchase, I'd just exchange, as this could well be a defect in the product.

ekligman

Prominent
Oct 22, 2017

ekligman

Prominent
Oct 22, 2017
this is a TV not a computer monitor. The Geek squad worked on it and it was fine until the next day when I turned it on. I think I can replace it after the third time. I like this TV; this just started three weeks ago. The TV is 4 years young, LG, 44 inches. Once the picture comes on, six minutes, it is fine.

Sedivy

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
You say geek squad worked on it. Did they actually have to fix anything or did they just plug it in to check and didn't find anything wrong with it?
And you're saying you took it in twice and each time you took it home it wasn't working at your place? Or it was working for a day and then lines started happening again?

ekligman

Prominent
Oct 22, 2017

ekligman

Prominent
Oct 22, 2017
The lines are there for six minutes when I turn it on after it's been unused overnight. Geek came and replaced the mother board. Cable company came and gave new wiring and new cable box. After the six minutes lines go away and I have a good working TV.

Sedivy

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
Yeah, but when they came and replaced the motherboard, and then they turned on the tv, was it happening then still? Or is this something that developes after a few days? Question here being, that if this is some issue in your place, like the wiring in your wall outlet or presence of some electrical device nearby that's interfering with it, lines will be happening immediately after repair. If this is some issue with the tv itself, it might be working for a day or two after repair guys leave, and then start appearing again.

Solution