Solved! Lip Sync issues with Firestick 4K

Jul 28, 2019
Have just purchased the Firestick 4k and since plugging it into my TV and Sonos surround system I have lip sync issues that are so bad I cannot watch live TV using the Firestick. Sonos plugged into ARC HDMI2 and Firestick into HDMI1

I suspect I have a throttling issue with my isp provider, but we cannot resolve the lip sync issues with the stick.

Thought I might have the Firestick too close to the router and picking up interference using WiFi, so I have tried using the Firestick in a different room via WiFi and get the same results although it seems okay for a little while then goes out of sync again, but I have now plugged my Mag box in via WiFi and no lip sync issues with it in either the main room which and its located next to my router or my other room via WiFi and am getting no lip sync issues.

Is there any settings on the Firestick that I can adjust to try and sort the issue out? Or do i just stick with my Mag box?

Solution
It's not an issue with the ISP, I get the same thing with my Firestick using the TV speakers. If you don't see the issue with the TV speakers only the Sonos, it's an issue with audio delay between the devices. Your TV or the Sonos may have an option to change audio timing up and down to counter the issue.
It's not an issue with the ISP, I get the same thing with my Firestick using the TV speakers. If you don't see the issue with the TV speakers only the Sonos, it's an issue with audio delay between the devices. Your TV or the Sonos may have an option to change audio timing up and down to counter the issue.

Solution