Little sound click when playing a sound

brunuh666

Estimable
Oct 3, 2014
Hello guys,

I have an asus g550jk, windows 8.1, 16gb ram, intel i7 and I have a weird sound problem. Whenever my computer is, lets say, at least 1 min without playing a sound in the next time it does play a sound a little "click" is heard through my headphones.
Before you ask, yes the headphones are perfect cause they work fine on my desktop, this is a laptop issue.
I can describe the click sound as that sound you hear when you're exactly plugging something. Whenever the sound is playing constantly I have no problems. Only when there's a pause of 1min and I play a sound again. Its really weird and its bugging me.

Do you guys have any idea what might be? My realtek drivers are up to date.

Edit: I tried to test the issue without headphones, as one can understand is way more difficult to notice, and I can't really notice any click, t seems it only happens with headphones on, but can't be 100% sure.

skit75

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
Did you try playing with the power saving settings of the laptop? Sounds like the audio device is being turned off (power saving) until a source is detected and you might be hearing a line level voltage hitting the DAC.

Is it reproducible if the laptop is plugged in with power saving modes disabled?

brunuh666

Estimable
Oct 3, 2014

Thanks for replying.
I tried in every power settings. I usually use balanced. I tried in power savings and high performance, in both the click sound happens still .

TRENDING THREADS