LittleBigPlanet Playing Part in Obama's STEM Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

While I'm no US citizen this seems like a great idea, the children truly are our future and a good grasp of technology as well as the disciplines governing it is vital.

G

This is a great idea. Many countries try to hinder access to video games by kids in order to promote education. Hopefully our government has learned that it's a much better idea to make games more educational rather than taking them away.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
Nice.. What other way to get a good headstart with our kids needing more yelling at and pushing away from the video games when they have no sence of measure. I love gaming myself but this is just wrong... Even if pleasant for kids.

ckthecerealkiller

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
[citation][nom]manos[/nom]Nice.. What other way to get a good headstart with our kids needing more yelling at and pushing away from the video games when they have no sence of measure. I love gaming myself but this is just wrong... Even if pleasant for kids.[/citation]

Yes because it's obviously the video games that are causing kids to lose grip on what the world is like. It's got nothing to do with a parent that is too lazy to grab their child at a young age and actually BOND with them..... I'm a parent, I will have no problem with my kid playing video games when they are old enough. But to suggest the notion that video games have no value twords learning is insane. Oh and by the way, yelling at your kid never works.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
I seem to remember them trying to do this with the PS2 and the utter failure it was because no one played the boring crap they came out from it (instead they rented real games and played them).

Good promotion for Sony, waste of my tax $'s once again!

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]Exodite9[/nom]While I'm no US citizen this seems like a great idea, the children truly are our future and a good grasp of technology as well as the disciplines governing it is vital.[/citation]
Everything the gov't touches...breaks

Verrin

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009
[citation][nom]Honis[/nom]I seem to remember them trying to do this with the PS2 and the utter failure it was because no one played the boring crap they came out from it (instead they rented real games and played them).Good promotion for Sony, waste of my tax $'s once again![/citation]

You've clearly never played LBP. It's an amazing game, and it actually has a huge community (which mean that PEOPLE ACTUALLY PLAY IT).

FriendlyFire

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
It's a nice idea, but I can't help but point out the irony of trying to improve the USA's education level by partnering with a Japanese company using a UK-developed game...

gerohmygosh

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
[citation][nom]FriendlyFire[/nom]It's a nice idea, but I can't help but point out the irony of trying to improve the USA's education level by partnering with a Japanese company using a UK-developed game...[/citation]
Foreign exchange students come to America and go back home with a better education, it's the same concept if you think about it. If they have something better, why not use it for our benefit? Doesn't make us inferior, just means they have one thing that's better.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
So unfair that you guys get a smart president, and we europeans are stuck with monkeys! We felt much smarter when you were stuck with that catastrophy that was bush, cause back then our goverments did nothing, while yours tore apart your country and its already shallow reputation

Status
Not open for further replies.