LIVE BLOG: Apple's San Francisco Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

jomofro39

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
Shouldn't Apple have all of its little shindigs in NYC (The Big Apple)? Or Antartica? They might like Antartica, its all white, you pay 10 times the value of land for the same area and worse features, and it's "magical".

rsud

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007
[citation][nom]eyemaster[/nom]An iPod is still an iPod. Ohh, better display? Wow, now my songs sound much better with the new display...[/citation]

I love your envy....

Another smash hit of stuff for the rest of the market to scramble and try to copy.

I am still in uproarous laughter at the 'iPad will fail' crowd which I guess you are part off....

G

AppleTV - come on. It's even less useful than the existing one. I want to play videos not show pictures. I want it to connect to a home media server, not pay $1 a pop to apple. Who really gives a stuff what other people are doing or watching? $229 price too much for people to gamble on, pity us that did and got a device that you have to hack before it can become 1/2 useful. The remote is crap, the UI is crap, it doesn't even save power when in standby (have to disconnect or it gets so warm - even in England :) that it could melt your TV). Thank God for XBMC

jomofro39

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
[citation][nom]rsud[/nom]I love your envy....Another smash hit of stuff for the rest of the market to scramble and try to copy.I am still in uproarous laughter at the 'iPad will fail' crowd which I guess you are part off....[/citation]
I am in uproarious laughter at how you can not spell or use correct grammar: "...guess you are a part of."
Go download an iSpell app for your iPod.

rsud

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007
[citation][nom]jomofro39[/nom]I am in uproarious laughter at how you can not spell or use correct grammar: "...guess you are a part of."Go download an iSpell app for your iPod.[/citation]

gulad eye kud amuze u...!

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I'm surprised AppleTV and Netflix play nice. How will Apple make money if people use their Netflix subscription? Is there really any overhead in the price such that Netflix can pay a portion to Apple?

I dunno, I stream hi-def baseball games over MLB.TV and its not the greatest, but its the only way to watch those games. If its between streaming to my set-top box or renting a Blu-Ray (netflix or redbox), I'd go the blu-ray route. Seriously, I can wait a couple days between when the movie first hits shelves and when I can rent it, I don't need it at exactly 12-midnight.

rsud

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007
[citation][nom]rocky1234[/nom]Lol oh boy yet another Flapple Zombie. You do realize there are far better devices out there than Flapples iprods right? Which do not make you use crap software like iPuke(itunes).[/citation]

I feel for you. Must suck to be part of the second best me toooo crowd with Apple creating new markets leading the way to the best ideas for useable tech. You are stuck following with envy....

"I have that toooo, and mine is better" whined the 4 year old...!

LOL LOL LOL

rustyfe2o3

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2008
1 to 2 minutes of commercials on hulu is still much better than $.99 for every show i want to watch. plus i can just turn off any show i don't like and i don't feel cheated out of $1. i'll stick with my HTPC

cloakster

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2007
ill buy an iPod when they start changing the iPod to make the sound quality better...yes the sound quality because thats what an iPod is for, music. I don't care about the song titles being lit up by a brighter screen. Apple is completely selling out by going for little features instead of the main one which is Music.

G

surely they can't name it "ping" as that is a word they can not copyright

gtvr

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
Pretty impressive numbers for the iUniverse. It seems popular to hate Apple here, but they've tapped a market, and done it well.

Status
Not open for further replies.