LIVE BLOG: Nintendo Keynote @ E3 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
What's next... 3D wii? That raises a bar?
How about HD wii first? No?
How do you compete with Microsoft Kinect?
Will your next "wii" able to play DVD movies right out of the box without netflix?
What, new Super Mario Galaxy 3 game? Wii slim? New color for wii? Wii Plus? Bigger wii?

foxyg

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Yeah just keep justifying how you can sell us 10 year old graphic tech at $200, and bring on your kiddy games, Nintendo

captainnemojr

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
New Zelda! I look forward to the tweaks with Wii Motion Plus to make the game even more interactive. I keep thinking 2011 is so far away, but it's really only 6.5 months!

andyman30

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
[citation][nom]foxyg[/nom]Yeah just keep justifying how you can sell us 10 year old graphic tech at $200, and bring on your kiddy games, Nintendo[/citation]
you can have the best graphics the world has ever seen, and still have a crap game. wii is about the gameplay, not the graphics, if you havent mustered the intellect to figure this out already

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
"Technology is just a tool"
And the Wiimote, dual screens, and all the other various "innovations" are just gimmicks.

I give Nintendo credit for showing everyone motion sensor controllers can be fun and generally focusing on making a game console rather than a media console that just plays games.

However, now every console's going to have motion sensor controls. It's no longer the console selling gimmick. The difference is that on those other consoles, I can get an HD picture. HD isn't the upper edge of tech anymore, it's the mainstream. People getting new TVs are getting HDTVs.
Nintendo needs to step up their game and get HD and perhaps 3D, or they're going to lose ground in this race pretty fast. They're going to lose the 3rd party devs that were using Wii for the sake of motion controls.

Nintendo has already refused to conform to where mainstream tech is at once with the n64. That refusal lost them several prominent developers and allowed Sony to gain ground in the market. They can't keep thinking they can sell consoles on 1st party games alone.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]andyman30[/nom]you can have the best graphics the world has ever seen, and still have a crap game. wii is about the gameplay, not the graphics, if you havent mustered the intellect to figure this out already[/citation]
Agree.
Furthermore, Nintendo has always targeted the younger age group and the family group, while XBox360 and PS3 have targeted the older age group. It works for Nintendo, they make tons of money, if you don't like it, don't buy a Wii.

IncinX

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2006
[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]Agree.Furthermore, Nintendo has always targeted the younger age group and the family group, while XBox360 and PS3 have targeted the older age group. It works for Nintendo, they make tons of money, if you don't like it, don't buy a Wii.[/citation]

If xbox and ps3 really were targeting the older age group, why are there so many annoying kids getting my mute hammer on my xbox?

G

I am incredibly disappointed that they aren't interested in giving gamers choice. If they made all of their games use EITHER the wiimote or the classic controller, I would be happy to buy wii games, but as is... the only one I've bought in the past 2 years is MH Tri.

Marcus Yam

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
[citation][nom]IncinX[/nom]Who was the genius that decided to present the blog in reverse order?[/citation]
I'm the genius. It's how most live blogs work on the internet.

Let's take an informal vote -- How many of you would prefer for me to do the Sony live blog in time-descending order?

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]IncinX[/nom]Who was the genius that decided to present the blog in reverse order?[/citation]

It's the norm for live blogs; saves people from having to scroll down every time they hit refresh.

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
[citation][nom]Marcus Yam[/nom]I'm the genius. It's how most live blogs work on the internet.Let's take an informal vote -- How many of you would prefer for me to do the Sony live blog in time-descending order?[/citation]

[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]It's the norm for live blogs; saves people from having to scroll down every time they hit refresh.[/citation]

Agreed. Refresh is the reason for blogs going in reverse order. It makes more sense to me.

Arethel

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Marcus Yam[/nom]I'm the genius. It's how most live blogs work on the internet.Let's take an informal vote -- How many of you would prefer for me to do the Sony live blog in time-descending order?[/citation]

Please no voting. I don't want it to be ruined by the unfamiliar or uninformed... I hate having to scroll, it gets to be a pain in the butt as it gets longer, and of course we want it as long and informative as possible!!

Status
Not open for further replies.