LIVE: Microsoft's Mystery Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
No thanks. I hate this social networking hype and now they're expecting me to use it on my phone?

What't next? A 'social' OS? If I want to be social, I meet my friends in a bar or invite them over. If I have anything to share, there's e-mail. If I'm on my pc, I don't need to be bombarded with what someone who's remotely familiar with an acquaintance of my nephew's friend's niece is doing on my pc and certainly don't want to know it on my phone.

/rantmode off

Actually, the above is a bit scary. I'm having the age of all these twittering teenage girls, yet complain about it like an old guy...

mattfoo2324

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009
Actually, they're FUGLY. Wouldn't be caught dead with the over sized marble, I mean "Kin One" if I was a hipster teenager. Kin Two looks slightly better, but is it just me, or do they look cheesy/plastic-y/cheap?

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
The awful names aside the Kin One is one of the ugliest phones I have ever seen. The Kin Two is more or less the standard candy bar touch screen but the Kin One sets the bar to a new low for god-awful designs.

I'm extremely underwhelmed and disappointed with whatever this is that Microsoft is trying to do. I don't know what I was hoping for from this event but this concept revolving around social networking and awful phone designs is most definitely not what I had in mind.

princeofdreams

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
When are people going to actually innovate something? all we get from phones now is "can connect to facebook" Well they can shove faebook, twitter (sould read TWATer) and all the other crap "I've got no life in the real world" sites up their ass

FFS what is it with people constantly updating everything, lets face it its not like any of them actually have done anything interesting

Give me a phone that is neat, allows internet access, has a DECENT battery and hey here is a novel idea actually makes real calls without losing signal, otherwise I will continue to stick with my old N96 which does everything I need

decepticon

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
This really looks like social fluff to get teenagers to beg their parents to buy these phones. What ever happened to the phone turning into the mobile computing platform. That started with the iPhone but stopped dead in it's tracks...with the exception of the droid.

Facebook integration is nice...if you're a) a hipster....b) a teenager bent on staying connected to a social network which in turn makes you look like a loser since you don't have real friends....or c) an older person desperately trying to 'fit in' to the younger crowd.

Create something that actually fits into the category of mobile phone computing THAT ACTUALLY WORKS WELL and I'll be interested.

G

Yuck, its ugly as sin. And a deep social phone, no thanks. That 'social networking' crap needs to die already.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]jacobdrj[/nom]I love Kin. I'll take 5.[/citation]

Me too. You could do tons of useful stuff with it. A social phone is perfect for throwing at the head of people (aka teenage girls) using social features...

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
One time, back when I was in HS/College, I had a Pepsi One advertising group come to give away and promote Pepsi One. My buddie went up to the models, and told them. "I'll drink it, if you drink it 1st." The model replied, "I can't. It is against the job description." Not buying this, my buddy took a few cans, and used them to make splatter patterns by dropping/throwing them off 4 story buildings, right in front of the models ;)
They couldn't PAY me, OR the models, to drink that crap, and that is a true statement, as Michigan has a 10 cent cash refund on cans.

Status
Not open for further replies.