Feb 22, 2018
I'm lost. My husband is having a meeting on Saturday that he would like my help livestreaming to an audience at a distance. There will be a speaker with a microphone, and a stage. I need to find out how I can use my Sony a5100 to livestream through my computer, but also how to get the audio input from the microphone on stage, not just the microphone on the camera. I have no idea where to start. I know this sounds complicated but this will be a regular occurrence and I'm trying to get things up and running for Saturday. Any advice as to where to start?

Solution
You are starting this a bit too late, this will help you https://wistia.com/blog/webcam-video-with-a-dslr

To capture from the stage mic you would need to setup a mixer connected to the sound system and to route that into whatever you are using to record. With a short timeline you may just need to use the room sound the mic picks up on the computer, or maybe stick an external mic near one of the speakers.

Best thing you can do in a day is to find an A/V shop that can come set things up for you. It will not be very cheap but if this is something that happens all the time you may as well do it right. Even a cheap live stream setup that is not hacked together will be thousands once you take into account the camera and all of the other...
You are starting this a bit too late, this will help you https://wistia.com/blog/webcam-video-with-a-dslr

To capture from the stage mic you would need to setup a mixer connected to the sound system and to route that into whatever you are using to record. With a short timeline you may just need to use the room sound the mic picks up on the computer, or maybe stick an external mic near one of the speakers.

Best thing you can do in a day is to find an A/V shop that can come set things up for you. It will not be very cheap but if this is something that happens all the time you may as well do it right. Even a cheap live stream setup that is not hacked together will be thousands once you take into account the camera and all of the other equipment with wiring and routing hardware.

Solution