Review Logitech Circle View Doorbell video doorbell review

May 27, 2021
TWO Logitech Doorbells DID NOT WORK. DO NOT BUY!!!
I was elated when Logitech introduced its Circle doorbell late last year. It was Homekit compatible not too expensive and the doorbell video showed up on the TV via AppleTV. Purchased the Doorbell via the Apple store. When it arrived is when the long nightmare started. Followed the Logitech online instructions and was UNABLE TO GET THE DOORBELL TO WORK. Contacted Logitech support via their online contact form. After several back and forth emails with Logitech support and still NO RESPONSE FROM THE DOORBELL. I was instructed to uploaded photos and videos of the NON WORKING DOORBELL to Logitech. I spent at least seven hours trouble shooting the doorbell per Logitech support instruction. I sensed I was acting as beta tester for Logitech with the amount of time and effort I spent with support. Finally, I was instructed to send the doorbell back to Logitech which I did. Ten days later a new doorbell arrived. The new door bell from Logitech also DID NOT WORK. I spent several hours trying to make the doorbell work. NO LUCK. Contacted Logitech requesting a return and a refund. Was told I would have to contact the third party (Apple store) where I purchased the first doorbell. I asked Logitech if I could contact a supervisor regarding the new doorbell Logitech had sent me. Logitech responded REQUIRING photos of the transformer, chime and wiring for the new doorbell before they elevated my request to a supervisor. I may be stuck with a $200.00 doorbell that DOES NOT WORK. I just hope this post will help other avoid Logitech Circle doorbell and Logitech support.

P.S Recently had an issue with a Levitron smart home product. CALLED Levitron’s tech support and told them of the issue I was having with their product. The Levitron support person took my address and shipped a new device out to me with no questions. Hey, Logitech take a note from Levitron.

Reactions: S in IN
Jun 19, 2021
TWO Logitech Doorbells DID NOT WORK. DO NOT BUY!!!
I was elated when Logitech introduced its Circle doorbell late last year. It was Homekit compatible not too expensive and the doorbell video showed up on the TV via AppleTV. Purchased the Doorbell via the Apple store. When it arrived is when the long nightmare started. Followed the Logitech online instructions and was UNABLE TO GET THE DOORBELL TO WORK. Contacted Logitech support via their online contact form. After several back and forth emails with Logitech support and still NO RESPONSE FROM THE DOORBELL. I was instructed to uploaded photos and videos of the NON WORKING DOORBELL to Logitech. I spent at least seven hours trouble shooting the doorbell per Logitech support instruction. I sensed I was acting as beta tester for Logitech with the amount of time and effort I spent with support. Finally, I was instructed to send the doorbell back to Logitech which I did. Ten days later a new doorbell arrived. The new door bell from Logitech also DID NOT WORK. I spent several hours trying to make the doorbell work. NO LUCK. Contacted Logitech requesting a return and a refund. Was told I would have to contact the third party (Apple store) where I purchased the first doorbell. I asked Logitech if I could contact a supervisor regarding the new doorbell Logitech had sent me. Logitech responded REQUIRING photos of the transformer, chime and wiring for the new doorbell before they elevated my request to a supervisor. I may be stuck with a $200.00 doorbell that DOES NOT WORK. I just hope this post will help other avoid Logitech Circle doorbell and Logitech support.

P.S Recently had an issue with a Levitron smart home product. CALLED Levitron’s tech support and told them of the issue I was having with their product. The Levitron support person took my address and shipped a new device out to me with no questions. Hey, Logitech take a note from Levitron.
My iphone, within Homekit would recognize the logitech circle view camera but said it could not add the accessory. After several resets honekit said it already added the accessory but it was nowhere listed in homekit. The error also said the accessory would require a restart before it would connect.(or was it before it would show up?) The restarts took place over again. plenty of voltage to the doorbell and the doorbell analog behavior does actually ring inside but the homekit and logitech are not fully connecting within homekit. Wifi router is about five feet away from the doorbell and plenty of wifi signal and speeds. I hope I am not about to encounter the same rigmarole.