Logitech G35 vs. Sennheiser HD 439 + Modmic 4.0

mynameisbestNA

Estimable
Jul 11, 2015
I have $100 and need a new audio/mic solution for my pc. I only need it for gaming and talking with friends on ts. The G35 will be the easiest to setup and start using but I know that headsets lack quality in the audio and mic. The HD 439s I've heard have great audio at a cheaper price and the Modmic 4.0 quality from what I've heard is great. So I would love some advice on which to choose. Thank You

Solution
open headphone designs are generally suggested for gaming due to a larger soundstage, the hd518 would be great however with modmic would push you over budget by a bit.

the hd439 is a closed design and will have less soundstage. also, its going to be fairly bassy which you may or may not like. not a bad headphone if you want cheap price, bassy signature and wanted a closed noise isolating design but otherwise there are other cans which are a bit better for gaming.

modmic is great for the price and convenience of a boom mic that attaches to any headphones. while the modmic sounds good if you looked high and low you could probably find a clip on that sounds about the same, though not with the same convenience the modmic has. if you...
open headphone designs are generally suggested for gaming due to a larger soundstage, the hd518 would be great however with modmic would push you over budget by a bit.

the hd439 is a closed design and will have less soundstage. also, its going to be fairly bassy which you may or may not like. not a bad headphone if you want cheap price, bassy signature and wanted a closed noise isolating design but otherwise there are other cans which are a bit better for gaming.

modmic is great for the price and convenience of a boom mic that attaches to any headphones. while the modmic sounds good if you looked high and low you could probably find a clip on that sounds about the same, though not with the same convenience the modmic has. if you wanted a boom mic, modmic is certainly the way to go.

Solution