Logitech G430 Base of Microphone is popped "out". Fix?

SmokeMeowt

Prominent
Jul 26, 2017
So on my G430's, I guess from excessive use, or maybe being a bit rough with them caused the "elbow" part of the microphone to pop out. Has anyone ever had this happened before?
I tried "snapping" (gently) the protruding plastic bit but to no avail.

I took pictures to hopefully give a better insight to the issue !

What it should look like.
xmldJAl.png

What mine looks like.
7pKWNgU.jpg

Thank you in advance for any help you can give, I'll be grateful to any suggestions.

Solution
Take a hair dryer and warm the plastic. Be careful to not melt anything. Once warm, firmly, but gently pull the long part away from the earpiece while pressing the part with the tabs back into place. Should pop right back into position.

The warming makes the plastic more pliable and less likely to break.

Good luck.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Take a hair dryer and warm the plastic. Be careful to not melt anything. Once warm, firmly, but gently pull the long part away from the earpiece while pressing the part with the tabs back into place. Should pop right back into position.

The warming makes the plastic more pliable and less likely to break.

Good luck.

Solution

SmokeMeowt

Prominent
Jul 26, 2017

I don't mean to sound rude whatsoever but I thought you were absolutely insane for what you suggested doing, however I grew irritable with the issue and attempted it, and now all I can say is I apologize for doubting you lol It literally worked and I'm baffled but grateful ! Thank you very much for the quick fix !